Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Remembering Today...

Eight years later and I can't seem to put my finger on it--
It's a feeling that wonders what things would have been like,
Yet is still satisfied in how things have turned out.
My heart looks around and sees the pain others are facing
And can't really seem to feel its own.
My heart is joyful for the things seen,
and for those that still remain unseen.
For the things given,
and the things lost.
Even in this moment I'm not quite sure where I stand now...
where my heart and mind have been over the years.
But I'm starting to realize the ways my story
is being used...
that it all wasn't gone unnoticed.
It's amazing how each story fits into the plan,
how a heart identifies with another.
I know that I'm not the only one who hurts today...
or the only one celebrating, all in one.
It's worth the celebration
for my God is worthy of it all.
Somewhere I find myself completely changed...
a new person.
I find joy in the midst of tragedy.
Hope when all is lost.
Love when I see rejection.
Beauty when my surroundings are unpleasant.
Life when there's death.
Surrender when life has come to be about my plans.
Humility when pride is the only thing portrayed.
Victory when my circumstances seem overwhelmingly defeating.

These things have come to be bigger and better than the temporary world,
the one that will eventually fade away.
These things will last for eternity
And that's what matters most.
The hurt, the sin, regret, fear, defeat, death...
it soon won't matter.
It will fade away with the rest of the world.
And so I stand here today and am reminded
that this day doesn't just mark a tragic day,
but a beautiful day in God's eyes for His child came running home.
And with that, today is a beautiful day in my eyes as well,
no doubt in my mind.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is beautiful, Kelsey. You are an amazing person. Thanks for sharing your heart.

Kathi Roach said...

Kelsey, That is beautiful. You have a true gift for the written word. Your Mom would be so proud of you, in fact, I think she sees you and is proud of you.

Jodie said...

It is obvious that your mother made an impact on you. Both in her life and in her death. And now YOU are impacting others. I know this isn't an easy week for you. But through it all, you will still choose to influence others. You are a gem.