Friday, May 30, 2008

A Senior Farewell

Tonight was our Senior Farewell at school. It was a really neat and a fun time as the students led the entire night...singing, dancing, speaking, etc. It was really cool to finally be together reflecting on the past four years and beyond. One of my friends put together this slideshow of all the senior photo's, their names, and an extra picture, whether it was a baby picture, or some other older photo. It was really cool. I couldn't help but reflect on all those years, from elementary, middle, to now. It was tonight that I realized just how much I feel like I "missed out on" especially during the middle school and early high school years. I can't help to think that it was because my circumstances would not allow it, but part of me was sad. Then I realized that I had nothing to be sad about; I was wrong to think that I was missing out, because I wasn't. My story has been forming in bigger and better ways than any picture could ever tell. A lot of people at school don't know my whole story, although I really wish they did. Coming up on the end of this year is hard, exciting, nerve-wracking, scary, upsetting, motivating, challenging, but most of all it's worth it. It's worth reflecting on and it's worth celebrating. After all...the Kingdom of God is a party, and this part of my life is something God would want me to celebrate.

So I will! Thanks for all your support and love over the years! Look where I've made it to!!

Me and my friend Jen!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you are celebrating this time in your life, I'm celebrating with you. I just looked at your pics from last night on Facebook. Great!

Kathi Roach said...

I am so happy for you. This is such an exciting time in your life. Enjoy every minute of it.