Monday, April 28, 2008

A Laugh to Start Off the Week...

Okay so here's a really funny story that unfolded today and I wanted to share it with you all. But bare with me because I've been told that my stories are never really that great (I think it's my delivery, or maybe it's just because what I see as "funny" or "worth-telling" isn't the same as everyone else's idea of "funny" or "worth-repeating" lol) Regardless, I will try. Here it goes:

A little over a week ago was Weekend 180 (which was SO much fun...and I still have yet to blog about it). I was with my fellow Senior Girls at the Frenz's house in Mount Airy, and it was a blast. Saturday morning we were all sitting around after breakfast, still munching on some of the delicious munchies a community group baked for us! I was sitting in the living room with a few other girls munching on some grapes. Next to the chair I was sitting on was a little table which had a few decorative things on display (note: Mrs Jolene Frenz is a wonderful decorator and has many things around her household that bring a shimmering glow to their already-beautiful house!) There was this one container-like thing that had a few random objects in it. It looked like grass with some rocks and other nature-like objects. It is kind of hard to describe (I wish I had a picture to show you...). As I finished up my grapes, I was holding onto the grape-vine that held them all together. While noticing the decorative container sitting next to me, I turned to Allison Milchling and said, "doesn't this grape-vine look like it belongs in this thing?" She looked at me and laughed as she watched me quietly sneek the grape-vine in with the moss-looking stuff and the rocks. I laughed out loud and turned to Allison again and asked, "do you think Mrs Jolene will notice?" Allison responded, "I doubt it!"

Meanwhile I turn to Mrs Jolene who is diligently working in the kitchen and asked her,
"Hey Mrs Jolene, I really like your little display here, it is very nice..."
She responded, "Why yes, I made it myself. I just pretty much throw whatever I want in there..."
"Me too." I mumbled quietly under my breath. Allison and I laughed uncontrollably together at Mrs Jolene who didn't have a clue as to what was going on.
"Leave it there," Allison said. And so I did...and there it stayed.

The story continues as I came home from school today...I drove up to my mailbox and got the mail, like any other day. The only thing in the mail today was an envelope addressed to me! I love getting mail!! I head inside and ripped open the envelope, not quite sure who it was from or what it was (there was no return address on it...). And if you hadn't guessed by now, this is what I found:

Photobucket

Yep...Mrs Jolene had found it I suppose and decided to send me the vine in the mail! Well, I don't know how funny this may be to you, but it completely made my day! I laughed for a really long time. Thanks for reading...I hope you found a giggle somewhere in there as well! :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

You're a great writer and story teller. That was definitely blog worthy.

Kathi Roach said...

That is a GREAT story! You must have just cracked up. I love people who take a few minutes to make others laugh....yea, Jolene!

Jessica said...

hahahah. i remember that going on. but i definitely missed the grape vine incident.

i loved her decorating stuff.

i'm going to try the bead in jars with candle on top thing sometime soon.

Jodie said...

That is hilarious! What may seem like random "earthy" decor to us is definitely NOT random to Jolene! She's got an eye for that kind of thing. And she definitely had an eye for YOUR random decor. I guess the joke was on you. I can just hear you laughing when you opened that package. Way to go Jolene!