Sunday, February 8, 2009

He Remains the Same

And everything in time and under heaven
Finally falls asleep
Wrapped in blankets white, all creation
Shivers underneath
And still I notice you
When branches crack
And in my breath on frosted glass
Even now in death,
You open doors for life to enter
You are winter


This past week was a crazy week, to describe it vaugly. It went from one extreme to the other, constantly finding out new information, learning a lot, facing challenging circumstances, becoming excited about the future and terrified all in different ways. A couple weeks back I wrote a blog about my dad and how he thought he was going to lose his job, and I was praising God that he didn't. I also wrote in the blog about what would happen if my dad had come home that day unemployed, how it would have all "still been about Jesus". It's amazing to me how God uses me to write to myself in the future. It's happened more than once before, where I will journal something or share something with a friend, and after some time has passed, I look back on it and see the "application experience" God was preparing me for. Looking back on that blog I wrote a few weeks ago, it couldn't be more perfect for this moment and time in my life. My dad called me this week, and "broke the news to me". The thing he had feared just a couple weeks before when I wrote this note, happened. I keep reading these words:

"Even if my dad had walked into our home this afternoon, unemployed, it would have still been about Jesus. It all revolves around Him, in all of His glory. God does have control, so what good would it have done for me not to trust Him? If it is going to go His way no matter how much I worry, or fret, or try to change things, in the end, His way goes. Over the years I've learned to truly trust in the plan that is HIS. Yes, even if that means facing and enduring the things that are completely unknown. At least I know who my Provider is. Whether I have the money to pay for the next semester's education or not, whether my dad's income ceases while trying to raise his kids, or whether he gets to keep his job and is offered better benefits. . .whether death comes to our closest loved one or whether a dear friend gives birth and life to a precious soul--no matter what the circumstance--I've come to see all these things as blessings. Some are slightly disguised as our eyes are blinded to God's plan, but they all were in the works from the beginning."

This was what I wrote...but more like what God wrote to me, before it even happened. At least I know who my Provider is. It's true. And I have the freedom and joy of getting to know Him more and more each day. I will choose to do that, and trust in it all. I think I decided to write this note tonight because I have no doubt that God wants His children to know that He is always there...always providing...always worth trusting...and ALWAYS faithful. And incase you may be forgetting, or losing sight of that at this point in your walk...I wanted to remind you. Just as I've been reminded.

He is good. . .ALL the time.

We sing it and read it over and over, but do we mean it? I know I do. He doesn't change, even when my circumstances do. He remains the same. And that's comforting, for sure.

1 comment:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's job. I'll be praying for your family!