Friday, January 9, 2009

A World that Doesn't Revolve Around Me...

Last night I was praying that my father wouldn't lose his job, and I woke up this morning to find out that what my dad had feared would happen this morning at a meeting, did not. I am thankful on so many levels. I've walked through a lot of things the past 18 years of my life and I've learned that it all revolves around Jesus. Even if my dad had walked into our home this afternoon, unemployed, it would have still been about Jesus. It all revolves around Him, in all of His glory. God does have control, so what good would it have done for me not to trust Him? If it is going to go His way no matter how much I worry, or fret, or try to change things, in the end, His way goes. Over the years I've learned to truly trust in the plan that is HIS. Yes, even if that means facing and enduring the things that are completely unknown. At least I know who my Provider is. Whether I have the money to pay for the next semester's education or not, whether my dad's income ceases while trying to raise his kids, or whether he gets to keep his job and is offered better benefits. . .whether death comes to our closest loved one or whether a dear friend gives birth and life to a precious soul--no matter what the circumstance--I've come to see all these things as blessings. Some are slightly disguised as our eyes are blinded to God's plan, but they all were in the works from the beginning.

This morning when I woke up, the sun couldn't have been shining more obnoxiously in my face. And then I thought how sometimes I feel like God does that when we go to count our blessings--He couldn't be more obvious. But in our own ways, we turn to our other side, or we place a pillow over our eyes and go back to sleep. We ignore or purposely block out the way we've been blessed, and focus on the ways we "have not". Thank you Father for opening my eyes to see your work in my life. Thank you for all the things I've endured, only to realize their immense blessing now as I pray this to you. I pray that you would miraculously work in the lives of those reading this, and open their eyes to see your light. You are working, it is just up to us to look Your way. I pray that we would realize that, and continually remove the pillow from our eyes, and wake up. I love you so much. Thank you for blessing my life so richly, and thank you for those blessings yet to come. In your precious name I pray--amen.

1 comment:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

I'm so glad your dad didn't lose his job!!