Sunday, September 14, 2008

Without Love, I Am Nothing

If I have language ever so perfectly and speak like an expert, but I do not have love that comes from the heart, I am nothing.

If I speak up in class, do homework diligently and have diplomas to speak of my great knowledge, but I do not touch the understanding of love, I am nothing

If I surrender all things and go out to serve others every day, giving of all I have: my money, my time, my efforts, but I do not do it in love, I am nothing.

If I can heal sickness and diseases, but wound hearts and hurt feelings of those around me, I am nothing.

If I write letters and books and publish articles that make known to all the world, but fail to describe and proclaim the word of the cross in love, I am nothing.



Today my devotional journal challenged me to rewrite 1 Corinthians 13 and it was convicting...I wanted to share it. This past week has been rough and draining, to say the least, but I am continuing to learn and grow, no doubt. I'm learning to love with a godly love. I'm being stretched, challenged, and moved. I hope that my response is ever so pleasing to Jesus.


"[Love] is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." -1 Corinthians 13:5-7

1 comment:

Katie said...

AHHH!! I miss you so much! I can't wait to talk to you! You know we've been away, and then I left my purse at church so I didn't have my phone (duh) so hopefully we will talk soon!! I love you, and I am SO PROUD of you!!!