Wednesday, August 27, 2008

He Goes Before Me...

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."--Deuteronomy 31:8


Today is my last day in Maryland for a while. It's kind of weird...weird that I'm leaving my house. Weird that I won't be going to LifePoint every weekend. Weird that my friends have gone/are going different places too. It's exciting, nerve-wracking, scary, challenging, but ultimately indispensible. I can't avoid the fact that I know Houghton is where God has called me to be. I don't know why, nor do I understand what things I am going to face when I get there, but I know that I shouldn't be afraid, or discouraged because my God goes before me. That's good news, it really is.

The past few days have been a little difficult saying my goodbyes to friends and family, but I know that it won't be long until I am back. And in the midst of these goodbyes I've been reminded of how awesome it is to be a part of God's kingdom. Just knowing that regardless of distance and physical death...we are all God's children. We can find hope in the fact that in Christ, there are no goodbyes and in Christ there is no end.

So...this is it! I'm finally going. I'm all packed up for the most part (what a crazy experience by the way...) and I'm heading out tomorrow morning. My dad and I are driving most of the way and then spending the night at a hotel, and driving the rest of the way in the morning to unload and MOVE IN! Crazy. I am hoping and praying that I can somehow manage to fit all my stuff in my room. I trust that it will work out though. I am finding more and more peace about this, now that the day is almost here! Your prayers have been so powerful...so thank you! I will be sure to be blogging more in college to let you in on everything going on! :)

Houghton College here I come...


6 comments:

Amy said...

I am so proud of you and happy for you! I enjoyed our time with you last night. You are precious. I will miss you and can't wait to hear all about what God has in store for you during your college years.

Kathi Roach said...

I am so excited for you.
I'm glad I got to see you before you left!!

You are such a neat girl, Kelsey. I can't wait to see the amazing things that God has in store for you.

I'll be checking in. Have fun girl!!

Katie said...

Well you already know how excited I am for you! Now I've sent TWO of my girls to Houghton! I couldn't be prouder! I will be praying for you today and tomorrow - I can't wait to hear all about it! I love you girl! And I will see you very very soon!

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

You don't know me, but I go to LifePoint too. I found your blog via your comment on Amy's blog. I hope you have a great time at Houghton. I have a couple of friends who went to Houghton and loved it. We've only been at LifePoint for a year, and I've never met you in person, but you always had such a wonderful spirit about you, a great smile, and you always seemed like such a nice person -- you always seemed to stand out of the crowd, in a good way!! Best wishes for your college years!

laurenlewis7 said...

I found this site randomly whilst seeking Divine inspiration- and when I googled ' God go before me ' your blog came up. How spiritually touching and enlightening, as your sister in Christ - I thank you.
Love from Manchester in England,
Lauren xx-xxx-xx

Kelsey said...

Thanks Lauren! Thanks for commenting!!


Much love to you!