Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Close to the Year

Okay, so these past few days have been so hectic...I can't even believe it. Not only that, but they've been so hot!! Our gymnasium lacks AC so we were sweating like no one could imagine in our cap and gowns during graduation practices! I finally came home and took a shower tonight after our second award ceremony today and I feel completely refreshed, other than the fact that I need some sleep. But for some reason I'm blogging. It could have to do with the fact that I'm excited/anxious about tomorrow (graduation!), or maybe I still have a lot of energy leftover from my hyperness today, or it could very well be due to the fact that I just ate my dinner not too long ago. Anyways, as I mentioned, today we had two different award ceremonies where they announced awards and scholarships and so forth. I heard very many of the same names and saw many of the same people walking up to receive their awards. Most of these people definitely deserved these awards, don't get me wrong, but I grew a little envious of them after my day came to a close and I had not received one scholarship after applying to all the ones that I did. It's a little frustrating because I have worked extremely hard, as most of these others who received awards have as well. I guess it's that little selfish part in me that wants to be acknowledged for her achievement over the past 4 years and beyond, and it made me jealous when I wasn't. More so I was just upset because I am working hard to try and do my part in paying for college by receiving scholarships now, but it didn't seem to be working. But after thinking about it, I know I have nothing to worry about. Part of me strongly believes that this is God's way of saying "trust me, Kelsey...I will provide for you". And He will. There's no doubt about that. That's what I have concluded. Plus, please don't get me wrong...I was/am SO excited for all those that did receive scholarships today because that's an awesome accomplishment, and great money. Congrats you all!

So tomorrow's the big day! Graduation! 2pm eastern time...incase you were wondering. haha. It should be good. I also have been unable to blog about my senior cruise on Monday. It was probably my favorite activity I've done through school my whole senior year. It was so laid back, fun, and beautiful! It was perfect weather. I'll leave you with a few pictures from that and say goodnight. I am getting more delerious as the minutes progress.
Thanks for reading! Much love! xoxo

This is me and my friend Jen at dinner!

The boat!

A sail boat!

Pretty flag and sun

bridge and sunset

My friend Megan!

My sweet friends Megan and Jen...we had so much fun together!

2 comments:

Kathi Roach said...

You are a wise girl, Kelsey. It sounds as if you've already got the whole scholarship thing figured out....God will provide.

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing.

Have a great time today and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Amy said...

Great pictures of your cruise. I love you and I'm so excited I'll be watching you cross the stage today! See you soon!