Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Eternal Reminder

I think about heaven so much now. My passion that overwhelms me when I worship is going to be all the time in heaven--even better than I can imagine. Even today being Easter I've been thinking about it. My Jesus loved me so much that He chose to die and now He lives. I want to love Jesus back as much as He loves me...no matter how crazy people think I am. I hope that's already begun to show in my life because it's not just something I want to write down over and over again--but it's something I want to show in the way I live, the things I say, the way I relate to others--in everything. I am completely unashamed of the story of Jesus, the cross, His death, and His resurrection, and the way He fuels me and gives me life--it's not something to be ashamed about, but something to boast about. Even when I think about the tragic things that have happened in the world, in others' lives around me and in my own, although that pain can sometimes feel overwhelmingly defeating...well, my Jesus lives. He really does. And He brings us hope. He wants me to do everything I can to bless His name and glorify all that He's worth while I'm here on this earth. It's such a very short time compared to eternity. I can't choose how I die, but I can choose how I live.

"Jesus, most beautiful name that I know, you're the exalted one".

Those are the lyrics of a song I'm listening to right now by Christ for the Nations. Such beautiful and truthful lyrics. His name is so beautiful. Not just the story and love He represents, but the story and love He is. After watching the Passion of the Christ video this morning at church, I couldn't get the image of Mary out of my head. She suffered too, seeing her son Jesus suffer and struggle as He took on the weight of the world. And we suffer because of sin too, as Jesus did. Part of sharing in God's glory is sharing in His suffering. We may experience pain now, but we are promised eternity in a beautiful place where suffering no longer reigns, but our beautiful Savior does. I can only imagine what I'm going to do when I get to heaven. I want to climb up in His lap and just be with Him. It's going to be amazing. I can't wait.

No comments: