Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Moment of Truth

It's simply amazing to me that we have to create and air another reality television game show that motivates a person to tell the truth based on the money they will be receiving for it. It is crazy to me to sit and watch as a person steps up to a chair and be "challenged" by the idea that they will have to confess deep secrets on national television. It also blows me away that we have to be motivated by money and/or the idea of being on television to get a person to tell the truth. It has come to the point where we have to reward a person for being authentic.

I don't think it could get any worse than that.

Authenticity is becoming more and more rare in our culture today, which is also why I think it is one of the most important characteristics for a person to develop ... children, teens, and adults alike.

Just a few thoughts for the day.

No comments: