Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have not stopped giving thanks because you have given me so much. I cannot stop giving thanks because you paid the ultimate sacrifice. This life is nothing compared to eternity, but I will do everything I can to live it back for you. I give you thanks because you have brought me alive, and saved me from death. I must not forget to keep giving thanks because you continue to give to me the gift of love and grace. I’m not worthy of any of it, but that’s why I want to thank you with my life. Thank you for your unfailing love that loves me all the same despite the things I do. Thank you for your creation…the sun that brings heat and the light to the world. The night sky that is more vast and complex than I could ever imagine. And for everything beyond the earth, even the beautiful things I cannot and will not be able to ever see. Their beauty is beyond anything I could ever grasp. Thank you for the life you’ve given me…with all you’ve taught me through it, and I even give thanks for the things I have yet to learn. Thank you for brokenness and pain. For you use these things to shape me into the masterpiece you have in mind. Without the trials it wouldn’t set me apart from the rest of this world, it is developing me into a more Christ-like figure. Thank you for grace. Without it my life would be worthless, I would be worthless…but your grace promises forgiveness and takes me back even in the worst of situations, when I feel utterly helpless. Thank you for the blessings you overflow in my life. For simply giving me joy and putting a smile on my face. Allowing me to laugh in uncertainty. Giving me courage and strength to face a broken world with your love. My God, thank you for showing me the good that comes out of bad. For giving my life purpose, and teaching me to live it by faith. Thank you Father for a family that loves me and teaches me. For brothers and sisters who care and walk with me on this dangerous path. Thank you for giving me the desires my heart longs for…thank you for providing when I’ve run dry of everything. Father God, I want to live a life pleasing to you…I want to become attached to you Father, where nothing can separate us, not even my own selfish desires. I want to be so focused on you that even when the entire world is taken away and crumbles at my feet, I won’t even notice. Thank you for saving me from who I was becoming. Nothing can repay all that you’ve given to me, but I will not stop giving thanks…for all you’ve done.


“I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.” –Ephesians 1:16

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving, Kelsey. And, a good week out of school.